quarta-feira, setembro 02, 2009

Refuge of the road - Joni Mitchell



I met a friend of spirit/ He drank and womanized/ And I sat before his sanity
I was holding back from crying/ He saw my complications/ And he mirrored me back simplified/ And we laughed how our perfection/ Would always be denied/ "Heart and humor and humility"/ He said "Will lighten up your heavy load"/ I left him for the refuge of the roads/ I fell in with some drifters/ Cast upon a beachtown
Winn Dixie cold cuts and/ highway hand me downs/ And I wound up fixing dinner/ For them and Boston Jim/ I well up with affection/ Thinking back down the roads to then
The nets were overflowing/ In the Gulf of Mexico/ They were overflowing in the
refuge of the roads/ There was spring along the ditches/ There were good times in the cities/ Oh, radiant happiness/ It was all so light and easy/ Till I started analyzing/ And I brought on my old ways/ A thunderhead of judgment was/ Gathering in my gaze/ And it made most people nervous/ They just didn't want to know/ What I was seeing in the refuge of the roads/ I pulled off into a forest/ Crickets clicking in the ferns/ Like a wheel of fortune/ I heard my fate turn, turn turn/ And I went running down a white sand road/ I was running like a white-assed deer/ Running to lose the blues/ To the innocence in here/ These are the clouds of Michelangelo/ Muscular with gods and sungold/ Shine on your witness in the/ refuge of the roads/ In a highway service station/ Over the month of June/ Was a photograph of the earth/ Taken coming back from the moon/ And you couldn't see a city/ On that marbled/ bowling ball/ Or a forest or a highway/ Or me here least of all/ You couldn't see these cold water restrooms/ Or this baggage overload/ Westbound and rolling taking/ refuge in the roads

Nenhum comentário: